WHAT YOU PAY
Upfront and honest with no hidden fees.
There has never been a better time to plan your Australian gap year!
We pride ourselves on being upfront and honest about our fees so you know exactly the costs, where your fees go, what's included and what's not. Our package includes all the essentials that you’ll need plus a few extra's to make sure you have the best experience possible.
* Program Fees are subject to change. The First Payment is non-refundable. For details regarding our Program Fees please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
It was great knowing I could call AIFS if I needed help, even for the small stuff.Emma, UK
Not just an arrival package; AIFS' Work & Travel Australia has you covered. We kickstart your trip with 7 days & 6 nights of fun. We are then your resource on the ground to find work, the best travel deals, or just some trustworthy advice.
Work & Travel Australia includes:
- Airport transfer
- 6 nights accommodation at Sydney's award winning Wake Up hostel with breakfasts (8-10 share room - twin/double room upgrade available)
- 7 days jam-packed with activities including:
- Day 1 Monday - City Walking Tour - see the Opera House and Harbour bridge close up! Finish off the day with a welcome dinner.
- Day 2 Tuesday - An early start as we head by bus to Port Stephens. We will take you hiking to the summit of Mt Tomaree for spectacular views across the Bay, before we head off on a dolphin cruise. We throw in your lunch and then we head to the famous Stockton Beach sand dunes to end the tour with sandboarding. Return to Sydney by bus for a well earned rest.
- Day 3 Wednesday - Check out the famous Bondi Beach when you head off on your Bondi to Coogee Beach walk. This famous walk will take you along the cliffs and beaches of Sydney's eastern suburbs. End your tour with a swim and we will even throw in a voucher for you to treat yourself to a well earned drink.
- Day 4 Thursday - Your AIFS Orientation day. Learn about the jobs, and travel. We will walk you through how you can access our services - whether it is using our free mail service, having your CV checked or finding out where to book a course to work in hospitality. We will tell you everything you need to know to get your trip off to the right start.
- Day 5 Friday - Back to AIFS for your one-on-one consultation to plan your next steps, and last questions before you head off to jump on one of Sydney's iconic ferries for a trip across the harbour to Manly. An afternoon at Manly beach with a few surprises thrown in! Return by ferry for sunset shots of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House.
- Day 6 Saturday - A free day. Spend your last free day as you like before getting ready for a night out in Sydney. Saturday night means an Aussie pub crawl - and a great way to celebrate your first week with new friends.
- Day 7 Sunday - A sleep-in and then time to say farewell to friends and take the next step on your Australian journey. Whether you plan to stay in Sydney or head off to another part of Australia, AIFS will be there to support you.
Your Work & Travel Australia also includes:
- The option of a pre-placed job in agriculture or tourism & hospitality (conditions apply)
- Unlimited access to AIFS Job Desk for the full duration of your gap year
- CV checks, one-on-one job consultations and job support
- Sim card
- Assistance setting up a local bank account
- AIFS member-only travel discounts
- 24/7 emergency assistance & a dedicated support team during your Aussie stay
- AIFS Handbook
- Unlimited WIFI and PC use at AIFS' Sydney centre & PC lounge
- Free mail holding & luggage storage (storage limits apply)
*Please refer to the Terms for details about work pre-placements and the full program inclusions.
Australia is on everyone's bucket list. As an AIFS traveller you have access to exclusive discounts and honest advice about what to do and where to go. AIFS Travel saves you money and time and gets you the best deals. Click here to learn more.Learn more
How It Works
Work & Travel Australia helps you with the big first steps in your experience down under. Whether it is finding work or seeking the best deal on a Reef tour, we have you sorted!Learn more
Preparing for Your Trip
The big day is getting closer, so it is now time to prepare. Your successful entry into Australia depends on you completing ALL the necessary steps required by the Australian government at the correct time. We have provided this list, however, you will receive detailed information after you apply to ensure you understand all the necessary steps prior to departure.Learn more